Carbonated water, also known as sparkling water, fizzy water, soda water, club soda, seltzer water, or pop water is plain water into which carbon dioxide gas has been dissolved, and is the major and defining component of most “soft drinks”. The procedure when carbon dioxide gas is dissolved in water is known as carbonation. It results in the formation of carbonic acid (which has the chemical formula H2CO3).
In the past, soda water was produced in the home by “charging” a refillable seltzer bottle by filling it with water and then adding carbon dioxide. Club soda may be identical to plain carbonated water or it may contain a small amount of table salt, sodium citrate, sodium bicarbonate, potassium bicarbonate, potassium sulfate, or disodium phosphate, depending on the bottler. These type of additives are added to impart a the light salty taste of the homemade soda water. In the UK Soda Water is nearly always made with Sodium Bicarbonate. The process can also occur naturally to produce carbonated mineral water, such as in Mihalkovo in the Bulgarian Rhodopes
The quality of carbonated beverages including soft drinks, seltzer and beer is affected by the amount of dissolved CO2 (the gas that causes carbonation) and the amount of carbonic acid in the drink. Carbon dioxide (CO2)has an infrared absorption wavelength of 4.27 micrometers and can be measured online using an infrared carbonation sensor.
In many consumer beverages such as soft drinks (well known examples include Coca-Cola, 7 Up, Fanta and Pepsi), carbonation is used to give “bite”. In contrast to the popular belief, the sparkling taste is result of dilute carbonic acid perceived as slight burning sensation, and is not caused by the presence of bubbles.It can be done by taking a fizzy drink in a hyperbaric chamber at the equal temperature pressure as the beverage. This gives much the same taste, but the bubbles are completely absent.
And you’ll enjoy the fizziest seltzer on the planet. Unlike old fashioned soda siphons, you can make seltzer as fizzy as you like it with a Soda-Club home soda/seltzer maker. You can even make your own flavored seltzer with all-natural, unsweetened MyWater flavor essences.
You love seltzer … and even though you may pay sale prices, the cost of seltzer still adds up. Perhaps you buy one-liter bottles of seltzer on sale at the store for 50 cents each — or as low as 33 cents each ($4 for a 12-bottle case). Even at these store sale prices, if your household drinks one case of 12 one-liter bottles per week, you’ll spend over $2,000 on seltzer over the next 10 years!
With Soda-Club, you will slash your seltzer costs to as low as 18 cents per liter — that’s like paying just $2 per case! — and you’ll enjoy fresh, fizzy seltzer at the push of a button! And if you prefer the sophisticated light carbonation of imported sparkling water, you’ll love the Penguin, which makes fresh sparkling water in elegant cut glass carafes. A large assortment of calorie free flavors to flavor sparkling water to great taste is sold at http://allfreightfree.com.
Here are several more reasons to get started with Soda-Club:
• No More Schlepping: Reusable, one-liter carbonating bottles save you from lugging (and storing) all of those cases from the store.
• Stay Fizzy Longer: Special bottle caps with hermetic seals will keep your seltzer much fizzier for longer than store-bought seltzer.
• Convenience: You’ll make seltzer in convenient one-liter bottles. Unlike those expensive, one and done soda siphon chargers, each one of our large, lightweight Alco2jet CO2 carbonators in our sleek home soda/seltzer makers contain enough C02 to carbonate up to 110 liters of fresh, fizzy seltzer. Empty carbonators are easily exchanged door-to-door, anywhere in the continental USA.
• Control Your Fizz: Whether you like a few light bubbles or serious, nose-tickling fizz, a Soda-Club home seltzer maker lets you make it the way you want it.
• Environmentally Friendly: Reusing your carbonating bottles will drastically reduce discarded and recyclable material in our environment. Also saves money on deposit fees!
• Better for You: Sodium free! Add a drop of one of Soda-Club’s all-natural, unsweetened MyWater flavor essences, or a fresh berry for a whisper of flavor. You’ll have a great-tasting, fresh beverage that’s 100% natural